Optimise Your Opportunities With A Crafted Resume: Here’s How
09/26/2016 Jobs & Career
Your job profile is your elevator pitch. It is a quick glimpse of your professional achievements and work experiences. Gone are the days when resumes are one page black and white documents handed to the interviewer. Your resume is an important document to standout in today’s job market and it should be modern and attractive. Make sure that your resume is up to the point with more infographic with relevant fonts, social network links and hyper links. Make ensure that your resume is well written with an eye catching look. Grab the attention of recruiters with an error free, avoiding certain terms and also use simple format. So, follow below checklist in your resume when you are applying for jobs:
• Presenting your work history: Present your work history in a chronological or functional order to capture the recruiter’s attention. Make sure that you have included most relevant job experiences matching to the applied job position.
• Avoid repeated information: Consider five sections in your profile like profile, experience, interests, qualifications & achievements, Key Skills. Try to avoid repeated phrases in your resume.
• Quality is important: Maintain quality rather than quantity. Include all relevant experiences and interests relevant to the job you applied for. Add if any internships or part time jobs relevant to the job position.
• Font in your resume: Fonts like Courier, Times New Roman, Helvetica, and Arial are perfect fonts for a resume. Make sure that your font size is between 10-13. Using decorative or cursive fonts may affect the readability of text. Use double line space. Using too much or too less space between words and lines also impact the readability of the content.
• Margins in your resume: Using a margin of 0.5 inches to 1 inch for each page and justify the content before posting it.
• Using graphical images: Never use graphical images, background images and other pictures may give unprofessional look to your resume.
• Be Concise the information: Make sure that you have added most relevant and updated information. Once you done with all above things, proofread it for any error identifications.
For More Click : https://www.wisdomjobs.com/